Saturday, October 31, 2009

WISDOM Camera Checklist

I come across W.I.S.D.O.M Camera checklist in an article which i think it might be useful for shooting Success.

W - White Balance
If you shoot your picture in JPEG format rather than raw, it is highly important that you have a good understanding of your camera white balance setting.why i say so?It is because you can't fix it later like you can with raw.Set the right preset for the lighting condition, such as Daylight, Tugsten or Indoor.

I - Image Quality
Shoot in Raw for better Image Quality.Only shoot JPEG in the situation where you want to turn images around quickly.

S - Sensitivity
Start by setting you camera's sensitivity with the min ISO , eg 80 or 100. Only increase when there's not enough light.

D - Drive
Make sure you;re not left the drive mode on self timer mode, and set it back to single shot or continuous burst shooting.

O - Optics
Plan you photographic task ahead and choose the right lens for it.

M - Memory
Your camera's is useless without memory card.Format your memory card before you leave for your photgraphic task so you've plenty of spare capacity.Remember to bring along a spare memory card in case the one you're using have break down.

I myself sometime do make one of the mistake listed above and i think it is very helpful to me if i keep my camera W.I.S.D.O.M with me all the time.Hope you guys find this useful adn start implement it.

0 comments: